In September 2019, the Government announced temporary work visa to replace six temporary work visa types with one new employer-assisted work visa in 2021. This six visas that will be replaced by the employer-assisted work visa are:
- Essential Skills Work Visa
- Essential Skills Work Visa — approved in principle
- Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa
- Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa
- Silver Fern Job Search Visa (closed 7 October 2019)
- Silver Fern Practical Experience Visa
The employer-assisted work visa will be introduced after mid-2021.
The new criteria and process is expected to be confirmed in early 2021.
The new employer-led process to support a migrant for an employer-assisted work visa will involve 3 steps via a new online application platform
- Employer check, where all employers will be required to meet an accreditation level based on how many visa holders they support
- Job check, where we will check the conditions of the job and any labour market test requirements are met
- Migrant worker check, where the migrant worker applies for the visa once a job is approved
We will keep updating you as more information becomes available.
Yana Gild | Director
Licensed Immigration Adviser 201500855