From 30 November 2020, lodgement of Business Migration applications will be centralised at the National Documentation Office (NaDO), then transferred to Porirua for assessment. NaDO has greater capacity to continue this important work.
This applies to the following application types:
- Residence under the Investor 1 & 2 categories
- Expression of Interest (EOI) under the Investor 2 category
- Residence under the Parent Retirement category
- Temporary Retirement Visitor Visa applications
- Global Impact Visa applications (paper)
- Residence under the Entrepreneur Category
- Entrepreneur Work Visa applications (including interim, renewal, ‘balance’ and ‘change of plan’).
- Applications for residence under the Employees of Relocating Business category
The following non-visa applications should also be sent directly to NaDO for lodgement:
- Information in support of an application
- Section 49(1) removal of conditions
- Post-AIP (Approval in Principle) transfer and investment documentation.
Timeframes for lodgement processing and customer service expectations remain the same. This includes priority processing for all Business Migration-related applications. NaDO will transfer completed lodgements and supplementary information to the Porirua office daily.
EOIs under the Investor 2 category still need to be received by close of business each Friday to be considered for the following week’s draw. EOIs received after the cutoff will be considered for the next draw.
After the transition phase, ending 18 January 2021, all applications are to be sent directly to NaDO.